Co-ordinated attacks by Islamist militants in the northern Nigerian city of Kano on Friday killed about 150 people, witnesses and reports say.
Hospitals and mortuaries are struggling to deal with the numbers of killed and injured still arriving.
A series of explosions ripped apart police buildings around the city, which is now under a 24-hour curfew.
The Boko Haram group said they carried out the attacks, which would be their bloodiest assault to date.
Police have so far confirmed only seven deaths, but eyewitnesses said bodies had been littering the streets and wagons had been deployed to collect them. (BBC)
Scores dead in Nigeria blasts
Previous article
Next article
Related Articles
Third man charged with 2021 murder
Police have charged a third man in connection with the April 9, 2021 murder of Tamesh Ramdas.
He is...
CWI names 22 players for High-Performance Under-19 Women’s Camp
Five Barbadians have been named in a squad of 22 of the Caribbean’s promising young female cricketers as...
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
President Donald Trump has threatened to bomb Oman - a US ally - if it "gets in the...
Central Bank seizes control of Zeemoney
The Central Bank of Barbados has seized management and control of Zeemoney (Barbados) Limited, citing concerns over the...
